Monday, March 19, 2012

Wheat free menu..Day 7

Breakfast:
Chocolate Chex / Almond milk
OJ

Lunch:
Chili ( recipe to follow at bottom of post )
Nut & Rice crackers  ( Blue Diamond )
Glass water

Snack:2
 Fig Newmans  ( Wheat free -  dairy free but NOT Gluten free ) Delicious !!!!!
Almond milk ( Blue Diamond unsweetened brand )

Dinner:
Chicken/ Sweet Italian Style sausage link ( al fresco brand ) Found these at my local Giant Eagle. Truly amazing!
Cucumber / tomatoes with oil / vinegar

Snack:
Simply organic french onion dip mixed with sour cream
Fresh veggies

Chili recipe:

This recipe calls for 1 packet of Hol-Grain Chili Seasoning ( I found it at our local Raisin Rack )
You may follow the recipe on the package and it is totally delicious if you like a thick chili. I however prefer more of a "sauce" and like to cook my chili for a much longer period of time to incorporate all the flavors.
The packet gives you the choice to use either tomato sauce or diced tomatoes, I used the diced tomatoes. So for my personal recipe I followed the the original recipe except that added 1 extra can of tomatoes and 1 can of water and let the chili simmer for approximately 2 hours. Wow this was totally awesome. It had just the right amount of spices and texture and  was a big hit the whole way around.

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...