Monday, July 25, 2022

Gluten Free Linner.....

Ok. I know you are curious as to what exactly Linner is. Well to my 44-year-old daughter it’s a combination of lunch and dinner. Therefore, the combination gets its new founded name of Linner. She has many shortened names for pretty much everything but that’s a story for another time.

Today my husband wanted me to try a new recipe for him that he found in a magazine. Since he is diabetic, he is trying really hard to not eat as much meat. Hey, if its gluten free, then I'm all ears! It was actually one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, so I happily enjoyed the feast with him as well. He was one happy camper. Well, we don’t actually camp, but the recipe is sooooo easy that you could actually make it when camping. The only fresh item you need is spinach, all the other ingredients are spices and canned garbanzo beans. It was quick, tasty, and filling.

Now I have not really ever been a big fan of spinach, but the spices and beans blended so well together that the bitter taste of the spinach actually played well off of them. I pride myself on trying to make things easy when it comes to meal planning since most of my time always seems to be taken up trying for that fresh loaf of bread, or dessert, that tastes so much like what we were all use to eating in a gluten infected world, yet gluten free. I’m sure you can relate to that!

We don't always have time to make bread, cookies, or cakes when life is so hectic. Raising kids, working, being grandparents, or even just daily chores. So, to help you out I have added several new Affiliates to my site to help make your hectic life a little easier. Gluten Free candies, cookies, breads, mixes, and all that you need can be found there. Even Amazon has products for a gluten free lifestyle along with bakeware, home decor, clothes, pretty much everything you need can be found without leaving your house. I do make a small commission if you purchase from one of the sites but you are NEVER charged anything extra to use them. It helps pay for the cost of managing the blog to help you on your gluten free journey. I have actually ordered a few gluten free products myself from the sites that I personally haven’t tried yet, and will be giving reviews on them once they arrive. A few of them are breads.....Please, please, Pretty please let them be eatable!!!!!!!

Well onto the recipe. Not only was this easy, it is about a 9-minute recipe from start to finish. Yes, I said 9 minutes! It’s a protein rich meal so no need for meat, plus it’s not only gluten free but diabetic friendly as well. 

 

Beans n Greens:

Calories: 310       Protein:  15g       Carbs:  42 g       Fiber:  13 g       Fat:  11 g       

1 T extra virgin olive oil

1 (15 oz) can no salt added garbanzo beans (drained)

1 teaspoon curry powder

1/2 teas ground ginger

1/4 teas freshly ground black pepper

1 (5oz) package fresh baby spinach leaves

1/4 teas salt

1. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.

2. Add the garbanzo beans and all spices, except salt. Stir to coat.

3. Add the spinach and salt. Cook while gently stirring until beans are heated and spinach is just wilted, about 2 1/2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

You could actually add 10 oz of spinach if you would like to as the spinach looks pretty sparce after wilted but it will change the nutritional info.

That’s it! I made a nice side salad to go with it and a slice of gluten free bread to top it all off. Delish! Enjoy.

Talk soon,

Sharon

 


No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...