Thursday, July 28, 2022

Gluten Free Bread review:

Today I received my order from Gluten Free Mall. (Featured to the right of the blog).  I was pleasantly pleased at how fast I received my order, within four days to be exact. All my products were intact, the box was packed with bubble wrap, and even had a small freezer bag to keep my candy bar from melting. That's what I call service.

As I mentioned in my previous blog post I had ordered two loaves of bread from Bfree to try, and then give a review on them. A white loaf, and a brown seeded loaf. I have never tried their products before, actually never heard of them either until I found them at the Gfree Mall. 

If you have read my blog for any length of time you will know I am somewhat a bit picky about my gluten free bread. I have tried throughout the years many store-bought loaves and most of them have been tasteless, had a bad mouth feel, or just too expensive for my budget. Hence is why you will also notice many gluten free bread recipes posted here. Some oven recipes, some recipes using a bread maker. We all have busy lives and therefore don't always have time in the kitchen to bake, or else we prefer baking more enjoyable treats, like cookies and cakes.... guess that explains the few extra pounds I've noticed lately...

The loaves were exactly what I was hoping for! First let’s start with the white loaf. It reminds me of the WONDER bread I grew up eating. It kind of has that spongy texture that I remember more than the exact taste of the bread itself.  Yet it did not disappoint. I toasted it and smeared it with just a little butter so as to get the real taste of the bread. I found that the crust toasted quicker than the toast itself, so I just turned the toaster a little lower and toasted a second time to ensure it was toasted all over. 

The crunch was even, the mouth feel is almost to the perfection as if I was eating regular gluten bread. It is a nice thin slice, which is good, as the slices are actually a little longer than a loaf of regular white gluten bread. All in all, I would give this 4 1/2 stars, but only because the brown seeded loaf exceeded my highest expectations!

The brown seeded loaf has that chewiness that a regular gluten wheat bread might have. It toasted perfectly on my toasters lower setting, The edges were crunchy, the center moist and chewy, and the flavor I have to admit was the best flavor of any gluten free bread I have tried in years. So, I definitely give this loaf a 5-star rating!

The carb and sugar count in the brown seeded loaf is also lower, so my husband being a diabetic, says it’s even suitable for him to eat. He really enjoyed the flavor and crunch it had also. So, I guess hands up its a winner for both of us.

I really must say that if you haven’t tried Bfree's breads yet you are really missing out. If you can find them in a store local to you, I suggest giving them a try. If you can't find them locally you can purchase them to the right of this page in the Gfree Mall. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with their goodness.

Until next post,

Sharon

 


No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...