Friday, January 20, 2023

Lemon Herb Chicken

 

Hi all! Well, the holidays are behind us, and if you are like me I am sure you are now tired of all the ham and turkey you have eaten. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but after days and days of leftovers I am definitely in the mood for something different!

I have been drinking more water, could say it’s my only new year’s resolution so far, but I have been adding lemon to add a little flavor. It seems that just one little change has really upped my consumption, who knew!!! I have never been much of a water drinker but adding the lemon has really helped. Funny that the recipe I am about to share also contains lemon as one of its ingredients, LOL.

I know you have been waiting patiently for a new post so I'll quit the chatter and get on with.... I hope you enjoy.

 

                                                    Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken

 Calories 405, Carbs 3.6 g, Fat 29.2 g, Protein 32.2g, Cholesterol 128 mg

 

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1/2 teas ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt

1 whole chicken, 3 lb.

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder

2 whole lemons

1 teas garlic powder

2 Table olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. Combine the seasonings, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rince the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets from the inside of the chicken. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.

3. Squeeze the juice of the two lemons into a small bowl, and mix with the olive oil.  Brush mixture over the chicken reserving some to use during the baking time...

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times throughout with the remaining oil mixture.

Serve with cooked rice, and a salad. Enjoy!

This recipe is fairly quick and easy. Buying pre-made salad from the super market can really cut the preparation time down, however I prefer to make mine fresh. Making a large batch of rice ahead of time and freezing in batches also helps to make this a quick, delicious meal.

As always, I hope you enjoy. If you make this recipe, drop me a line in the comments section and share your experiences. I love hearing from you! Till next time...Enjoy!

 

 

 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...