Saturday, September 24, 2022

Getting back on the Gluten Free track!

Have you ever wanted to just give up on baking GF. Throw in the towel and just say, NO MORE? I have. Actually, I did for several years. A gluten free lifestyle can be time consuming trying recipes, trying new flours, only to fail more oft than not. You end up throwing the end results in the garbage, ready to hang up the apron more than once, believe me I know, because I have been there more than once or twice.    Like today.... I made a loaf of bread which I thought would finally be perfection. Believe me it was not. It looked beautiful on the outside, beautifully browned, had the most delicious aroma. I had my butter n knife ready folks!

Well needless to say it will be going in the trash. Am I going to give up a second time???? That would be one big "NEGATORY"," as my youngest daughter would say. Remembering back to all the negative symptoms I had several years ago when I suddenly decided to toss aside my GF lifestyle, and the time it has taken me to get back on track, I am determined to stay in the race this time.

I do not post anything on my blog that I have not personally tried or created. Yes, there will be disappointment’s, an occasional catastrophe along the way, but believe me your health is worth staying strong and staying in the race. 

Some of the recipes on my blog when I first started it might be simple, maybe not chef worthy, but they work. They were a starting point and have helped me get toward where I want to be. 

I will be adjusting the measurements to this new bread recipe n giving it another try tomorrow. I wish I had taken a picture of it because although it didn’t meet up to my expectations it did look beautiful. 

I am also still getting use to a new gas oven when I have used electric for the past 18 years or so, so it is a challenge. I keep hitting the convection oven button instead of the oven button. Oh yeah, adjusting the flames on the burners is something I now need to master as well.... 

Yesterday I tried a new GF flour blend and made a pumpkin bread. Although the taste was definitely out of this world, I need to work a little more on the texture with my flour blend over the next few days before I post both the flour mixture and recipe for it also.  

It is the season for allergies! The goldenrod is in full bloom here in Pa and so I have been not only a little sneezy but I find trying to measure flour at this time has been somewhat of an obstacle to say the least. :<) I appreciate your patience and hope you will check back soon for the new revised recipes. So, until next post, have a great Gluten free day! 

Sharon

  

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...