Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Orange Julius

 Have you ever been to the mall in the past and just had to stop at the Orange Julius for one of their orange delights? It’s been years since I have seen one, so I don't know if they still exist in the area, or at all anymore. Yet I do remember they were one of my favorite confections on those long-ago trips. I’d skip the pizza, candy shops, even the pretzel stands for one of those smooth, creamy confections!

I found a recipe awhile back and it has become buried in amongst my recipe collection and I am just now re-finding it. I’m always in the mood for something sweet, and even though  oranges are among one of the fruits I usually avoid with my kidney disease, I can easily adjust my daily meals for this occasional treat!

Since it’s been years since I have had a "Original" orange Julius, this is as close to the taste that I can remember. Its smooth, creamy, sweet, but not too sweet and has all the bells and whistles of what I can remember from the original.

Its east, quick and delicious. I hope you will give it a try n drop me a comment of your thoughts n opinions. I love hearing from my readers and answering any questions that you might have.

Enjoy, and have a Blessed day!

Sharon

 

                                                                  ORANGE JULIUS

1- 6 oz can frozen orange juice

1 cup whole milk

1 cup cold water

12 ice cubes

1/4 cup granulated sugar 

1/4 cup Splenda

* Or just use 1/2 cup granulated, but will definitely add more calories!

1/2 teas vanilla

Combine all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender until smooth. Gradually add ice cubes a few at a time until all are added. Serve immediately in chilled glasses, makes 4 servings.

 


No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...