Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pamela's Baking & Pancake mix review...

Hi all. Today I want to share with you a product from Pamela's, their Pancake & baking mix. I pulled the product off my shelf this morning with all intentions of making the Chocolate Chip cookies from the recipe on the bag, but suddenly had a urge for chocolate Chip pancakes, as I hadn't eaten breakfast yet.

Mixing the batter for the pancakes was so easy. Pamela's mix, 1 egg, water and oil...1-2-3...I always use a pastry whisk to make sure I get all the lumps out of the batter. The bag says it will yield 6 - 4" pancakes and that was pretty much spot on. The pancakes were light, fluffy and with a few added chocolate chip morsels, delightfully delicious. Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? Baa humbug!!!

This is the second product from Pamela's I have tried, their Anise Almond Biscotti being the first, and I have been well pleased with both. Their products have been formulated and produced to be wheat and gluten free. The products however are produced on equipment that also makes products containing tree nuts, soy, eggs and milk, so if you have any allergies to these products please bear this in mind.

I like the fact that this mix contains almond meal for that extra little added fiber. Ingredients: Brown rice flour, white rice flour, cultured buttermilk, natural almond meal, tapioca starch, sweet rice flour, potato starch, grainless and aluminum free baking powder, sodium bicarbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, potato starch, baking soda, sea salt and xanthan gum.

Pamela's never uses any artificial colors, flavors, preservatives. They also never use high fructose corn syrup. They have statements from all suppliers verifying their ingredients are also non-GMO.  They are currently in the process of preparing to join the non-GMO Project, and are working closely with their vendors to assure the quality and source of all ingredients.

I will be making Christmas cookies soon and plan on using this mix with the Chocolate Chip recipe posted on the bag. Chocolate Chip cookies are a all time favorite of my family, even during the holidays. I will keep you posted on the results. It is nice to have a mix readily available that is so versatile.

I can't wait to try a few of the other recipes on the bag to see if I get the same great results! You can visit their site at http://pamelasproducts.com for more information and recipes. You can also order their Baking & Pancake mix in either the 24 oz size for $8.19, or the 64 oz size for $19.69, on the right side of this post, from gluten free.com. Click on their site button, then click on Pancakes & Waffles listed under the title BAKING MIXES to the left of the sites home page.

 You can also order the mixes from Pamela's home site directly, but be aware you must purchase  multiple bag orders from there. Either way, I hope you try the product, as I believe you will be well pleased.

Rating: 5 Stars

 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...