Thursday, June 21, 2012

Crunchies product review...

Yesterday I tried two products compliments of Crunchies Food company, their Roasted Veggies and the Mixed fruit.
I love veggies and fruit, but sometimes I just get tired of chewing!!! Crunchies has solved that dilemma for me it seems, with their freeze dried products. A  2.25 oz bag of roasted veggies actually has 2 ears of corn, 1/4 cup of peas, 1 carrot, 2/3 of a pepper and 2/3 of a tomato. All this and only 100 calories per 1/2 cup!  They can be eaten straight from the  convenient resealable bag that’s great for kids lunches, hiking, school, work, or any in-between meal snack on-the-go, or used in cooking or baking. The 2.25 oz bag sells for $4.99 on their site and contains 2 servings.
I made homemade vegetable soup and added the pack of roasted veggies in place of the canned vegetables I usually use. The taste was great. I could actually taste the "roasting" of the veggies. The veggies stayed firm in the broth and were slightly chewy as fresh vegetables should be. The roasted taste was a welcome change to the soup.
                                                                                 
The second product I tried was their Freeze-Dried Mixed Fruit which is 100 % real fruit with a great-tasting mix of peach, blueberry, raspberry, mango, strawberry, and apple. It sells on their sits for $4.99 for a 1.5 oz bag. The fruit bag has 6- 1/2 cup servings. I tried this mixed in with my breakfast cereal and thoroughly enjoyed it. The fruit softened slightly in the milk and I felt as I was eating fresh fruit from the tree. I especially enjoyed the flavors of the berries in the mix.


Crunchies unique freeze drying process is where water is removed in a refrigerated vacuum leaves only the essence of the veggie or fruit with a crunchy texture. Nothing else is added and it is manufactured in the USA.


These products are wheat and gluten free. And while all of the fruits
are considered raw, all frozen vegetables are flash-blanched within a
few hours after picking. This stops the deterioration of the enzymes
and nutrients (and it preserves color) so they are not considered raw.
As you probably already know, unless fruits and vegetables are eaten
shortly after picking, freeze-dried fruits and vegetables are typically
more nutritious than fresh produce.

I would recommend Crunchies to anyone, and especially for those who
have children who are picky eaters. They offer assorted veggies,
fruits and corn snacks. What a great way to get all your servings
of fruits and veggies!
You can purchase their products at http://crunchiesfood.com

Rating for Veggies   5 Stars
Rating for Mixed Fruit   5 Stars

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...