Friday, June 22, 2012

Better Batter chocolate cake mix review...

Today I have been in a baking mode and made a chocolate cake compliments of Better Batter. The instructions were as easy as any cake mix you will find on the shelves of your local store. I just added
1-1/4 cup of water, 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs. The recipe calls for 3 eggs but since I always purchase large eggs I only used two in the batter.
There are also recipe instructions on the box for a lower fat vegan version of the cake for those of you who are also Vegan.
The cake came out moist, rich in taste, and delicious. I used two 9 inch cake pans and lined the bottoms with parchment paper. The cake came out of the pans easily and held up to icing very well. 
Now I have always been a Duncan Hines kind of women, and surprisingly this cake mix is head to head in the race in my opinion.
The batter does thicken as you beat it, and becomes similar to a thick chocolate pudding, so if you want a smooth top be sure you spread it very evenly in the pan. Although the top wasn't completely smooth it made no difference as it was not noticeable when iced. 
I chose a Betty Crocker gluten free icing from my local store and the results were something I would be proud to serve guests. I feel I could serve this cake to anyone and they would not have any idea it was gluten free. 
The cake sells for $7.50 and can be found at their site http://www.betterbatter.org or your local grocery store. The mix will make 2-8" cakes, 2-9" cakes, 13x9" cake, bundt pan or 24 cupcakes.
I loved this cake and it is going fast as I type....Oh by the way, there are strawberry muffins in the oven, gotta run...


Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...