Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Avena Pane Country Oat Bread Mix...

Today I would like to tell you about a Country Oat Bread mix that Maninis was kind enough to ask me to review. I know I have done bread mix reviews before, even shared with you some homemade recipes that I have come across, but this is a product that I couldn't wait to share with you.

As you well know, I have been searching over the past year for a good oat bread as it is one of my favorite breads of all time. I am quite skeptical when it comes to bread as I have had so many recipes flop with failed tries, but this was not the case today.

This was one of the easiest breads I have ever mixed to date. It was so easy I was really feeling like something had to go wrong...I waited for the bread to flop during the rising process but it rose to perfection in about 70 minutes, giving the rising time a few extra minutes than called for on the bag.

Into the oven and under my watchful eye it rose ever so slightly and started to brown. In about 45 minutes I pulled it from the oven to sit on the cooling rack. The pan was so light in weight unlike most breads I have reviewed that  I thought I might end up eating air :)

I removed the bread from the pan immediately per the directions on the bag onto the cooling rack, and covered with a towel until completely cooled before slicing. I was half expecting to see a big dent in the middle of the loaf when I uncovered it because it felt so light, but to my surprise it was as high as when it left the oven. Instead, I had a crusted, chewy loaf of pure heaven...

I sliced the loaf and couldn't wait to sink my teeth into a slice smothered in butter and jam. I was definitely not disappointed! This mix makes a fluffy, moist, airy loaf of bread. It is bendable with a nice soft crust on the outside. Delicious!

Although it did have a nice light oat taste to it, it was not overbearing. It is also great  toasted with a nice crust on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.

If you live in the states of Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, or even Canada you may be able to find the mix locally. If not, you can purchase it from their site online at http://maninis.com

The nice thing about this bread mix is that it will make 7 loaves. A 5 lb bag costs $20.15 which is a steal in my opinion as I have been paying about $6.50  just for a single loaf of frozen bread locally. It averages out to about $2.88 for a fresh loaf of delicious baked bread with this mix.

I also love the fact that this is a ready-to-use bread mix. It is quick to make—no kneading required, only one rise, yet a truly artisanal loaf . It is also certified GF.

Maninis's  products include bread, pasta and multipurpose mixes produced in 5 lb bags.  Their  mixes are unique because they are based on ancient grains, contain no rice, soy, beans, or casein. They use organic ingredients when possible, and the mixes are high in fiber. There is no bio-engineering used, and they are made in a dedicated gluten-free blending and packaging facility. Both their kitchen and blending facility have been certified by the Gluten Intolerance Group. This is what I call a safe product.

The only problem I found was that I ran out of eggs and couldn't make a second loaf :( Well its off to the store.... as this is a bread I definately don't want to run out of!!!

Have a great wheat free day!

Sharon

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...