Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pamela's Ginger Mini Snapz...

This past week my husband surprised me with a bag of Pamela's Ginger Mini Snapz. I have tried several of Pamela's mixes, but have never any of her baked products. These little gems were quite a find. They are crisp and filled with the perfect amount of spices to please the pallet.

I found them great both as dunkers, or as a simple stand alone treat. Four cookies are just 115 calories, much less than a candy bar, and quite filling. The sugars are definitely much lower than most candy bars also, at only 12g per serving.

I prefer my cookies home made the majority of the time, but I will definitely make an exception for these pre-baked treats . There is even a recipe for a Ginger cookie crust, and Mint Ice cream sandwiches on the bag, Yum....I have been yearning for a good homemade cheese cake, and this crust recipe just might be what the Doctor ordered. :)

The cookies are not only wheat free, gluten free, and non dairy, but also contain no artificial colors, flavor or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Rice flour base (Brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum),Brown sugar, natural evaporated cane sugar, non hydrogenated palm oil, molasses, eggs, baking soda, ginger spice, sea salt, GF vanilla flavor, Cinnamon, cloves, ammonium bicarbonate.

These compare in taste  to my favorite Holiday Gingerbread cake recipe (recipe posted on site). I would definitely give these a 5+ Star recommendation.

Pamela's also has frozen desserts, cookies, crunchy biscotti, and a array of baking and bread mixes. You can  her products on their web site at http://pamelasproducts.com, or check a local store near you.

Till we meet again....Have a GREAT wheat free day!

Sharon
 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...