Monday, June 25, 2012

Food Should Taste Good product review...and "LET'S SUMMER" contest!

Most everyone loves a good Tortilla chip and my family is no exception. Food Should Taste Good was kind enough to send me five of their flavors to sample and I have been in Tortilla chip heaven! These chips are All natural, have no MSG, low in sodium, no trans fat, gluten free, Kosher, lactose free, have No preservatives, cholesterol free, and supply a good source of dietary fiber. They make a great snack, go well with sandwiches, taco's, or use as desserts (chocolate variety, kettle corn)

The first variety I tried was the Kettle Corn. This variety had a sweet and salty taste just like the kettle corn you find at fairs, the only difference is it is more crunchy than regular popcorn. I found it hard to put the bag down!
Ingredients: Stone ground corn, High Oleic Sunflower oil, and/or Safflower oil, and/or Canola oil, toasted corn gum, evaporated cane juice, corn bran, sea salt. A serving is 12 chips at 140 calories.

Rating: 5 Stars

Next I sampled the Lime flavor. This was definitely a tart chip which reminded me of a Lime Martguerita from days gone by. I teamed this up with some plain guacamole and a taco for lunch. Great mixture! A serving is 140 calories  for 12 chips.
Ingredients; Stone ground corn, High Oleic Sunflower oil and/ or Safflower oil, corn bran, lime juice, sea salt.

Rating: 5 Stars

Cantina chips: These chips remind me of the tortilla chips most Mexican restaurants serve except they lack all the loaded oils and they are actually GOOD for you. I loved the flavor with some mild salsa. A serving of 9 chips is 140 calories.
Ingredients: Stone ground corn, High Oleic Sunflower and/or Safflower oil, and/or Canola oil, sea salt/

Rating 5 Stars

Toasted Sesame chips: These chips are mild in flavor and lightly salted. You can see whole sesame seeds in each chip, and although they taste good by themselves, I liked them dipped in peanut butter. These would be good also with hummus or salsa.
Serving size is 11 chips at 150 calories.
Ingredients: Stone ground corn, High Oleic Sunflower oil and/or Safflower oil, sesame seeds, corn bran, sea salt.

Rating 4 1/2 Stars

The last variety I sampled was the Chocolate style chips. You all know from my posts by now that I LOVE chocolate. Maybe it is the added saltiness of the chip, or the fact that I like my chocolate to be creamy in texture, but this was my least favorite of the varieties I tried. Although it does definitely have a good chocolaty taste I found this chip more to my liking when crushed over some vanilla ice cream or topped with sliced bananas. It is 140 calories for a 10 chip serving.
Ingredients;  Stone ground corn, High Oleic Sunflower oil, and/or safflower oil, Semi -sweet chocolate powder (sugar-chocolate) Evaporated cane juice, corn bran, Dutch cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sea salt.

Rating: 4 Stars

Food Should Taste Good offers 23 varieties in all, all in healthy versions. There are also recipes to make on the site ranging from dips, salsas, spreads, and pesto for which to accompany the chips.

The company is also sponsoring a "LET'S SUMMER" contest right now in which they are giving away 100 prizes every day so be sure to stop by and enter...No purchase necessary to enter.
You can order from their site at http://foodshouldtastegood.com although you are also likely to find their products in stores in your area.

Until next post...Have a wheat free day!

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...