Thursday, February 12, 2015

Goat cheese stuffed tomatoes...






Tomato's, tomato's, tomato's....No mater how you slice it they are one of my favorite fruits...Yes I said fruit! I love anything with tomatoes in it, on it, or cooked in them... Pizza, pasta, and fresh from the garden with some salt and pepper. I am so excited that Spring is only weeks away and I can't wait to start my raised veggie garden this year after recently moving back to my home state.
 
I thought I would jump ahead a little to Spring and share a great light and refreshing recipe with you all. Anything to hopefully take your mind off this cold weather...That's what friends are for ya know :-)
 
Anyway here is the recipe which you can use even now as there are some pretty of good tasting tomato's in the stores right now. I hope you will give it a try and drop a line and tell me what you think.
 
Until next post....
Sharon
 
 
 
 
 Goat cheese stuffed tomato's:
 
8-10 small vine-ripened tomato, even Roma's will do...
½ cup goat cheese
5-8 fresh basil leaves, minced
½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (plus a little to garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
 
Hollow out the tomatoes by cutting carefully into the top to remove the top and stem. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. The remaining hollowed out tomato will look similar to a tulip.
Mix the goat cheese, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Stuff the goat cheese mixture into the tomatoes.
Serve on a plate and garnish with a little olive oil and strips of fresh basil.

* If using Roma tomatoes take a small slice off bottoms so they will stand upright on the plate...
 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...