Friday, November 30, 2012

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix review...

Hi everyone. Sorry I was off the web for quite a few days, I came down with a virus and I am just getting back into the grove of things as you can see.
I actually felt well enough today to conjure up some gluten free chocolate cupcakes using one of Betty Crocker's gluten free cupcake mixes. After days of chicken soup and toast I needed a change, and since chocolate is my weakness, I tried a mix I had on hand from Betty Crocker.
You might remember that my husband recently joined me in my gluten free journey a few months back, and although he is not as much of a "sweet' lover as I am, I was actually afraid I wasn't going to even get to try any of these delightful morsels. He asked for one the minute they came out of  the oven, and within a hours time another two had disappeared from the cooling rack as I waited for them to cool enough to ice.
I have to tip my hat to Betty Crocker on this one! Although the mix only makes one dozen cupcakes it was well worth every dime spent...My husband said they were the best cupcakes he has ever eaten, and I have to agree they were as good as he said, when I finally got to try one.
I also used Betty Crocker's Cream Cheese icing to decorate the remaining few, and the blend of flavors was simply divine. The cupcakes were moist, fluffy, and filled with a rich chocolate flavor.
They are as simple to make as any regular cake mix and just as tasty. I am now anxious to try their other Gluten Free products which include a  Vanilla Cake mix, Brownie mix, and Chocolate Cookie Mix. I have a few Christmas ideas for these mixes in mind which I will share with you in time to try for the Holidays! Mmmmmmmm....

Ingredients:
Sugar, rice flour, potato starch, cocoa processed with alkali, tapioca starch, leavening( baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, monocalcium phosphate ) salt, guar gum, soy flour.

Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these.
P.S. Sorry there is no photo....They didn't last long enough to take one!!!!!!!
Rating 5 Stars 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...