Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gluten Free, Diabetic Recipes in progress...

Hi all. Today is one of those Saturdays when I lay in bed a full hour after I had woken up. Just another lazy day... I had a whole list of things to do this weekend. Sign up for a knitting class, purchase my much needed sugar substitute to try some new Diabetic recipes, and even run the vacuum. Yeah right!!!

Seems I am in a much lazier mood than I was hoping to be today. Having physical therapy yesterday did indeed play a roll in my less than adventuress mood though. I was given new exercises to do during the hour spent there, and it seems today I am paying the price. My arm has became numb at least once since my session ended, (which was the reason I was going) and I have pains in muscles I didn't even know existed... A small price to pay I guess for the improvement it has made over all.

I did however  made a  perfect pancake this morning with a new recipe I tried,  thanks to answers of prayer. I don't think I could have handled another failure in this area today of all days. Its been a stressful few past weeks to say the least. Not so good news on the family front, recipe after recipe not reaching up to my expectations, pain consistently....I really need to try not to be so much of a perfectionist sometimes.

I have also decided to make my GF recipes more diabetic friendly, so now it is a whole new ball game with switching up different flours and sweeteners. With that said, I just wanted you to know I am working on several new recipes and flour blends that I hope I will be able to share with you very soon whether you are diabetic or not.  I might even have a GF cook book in the making....Yeah!

Well until next post, I hope you have a great gluten free weekend.
Sharon

 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...