Monday, April 8, 2013

Weight loss??? ...Scrambled eggs and Cottage cheese...


If you are like me you are always looking for new breakfast ideas. I love quick and easy in the mornings. I also like to start the day off with fewer calories knowing that my sweet tooth is going to eventually take over..I found this recipe for scrambled eggs & cottage cheese while searching the web.

I made the scramble this morning and it really hit the spot. I love both eggs (on occasion), and cottage cheese, but had never thought of paring the two before. The taste was great, and I really like the fact that I was consuming fewer breakfast calories than I normally do.

The full recipe actually serves two, so don't be alarmed if you are on Weight Watchers,  as the points are actually only 3-4 per serving. Serve with a small piece of fruit for a great start to your day.

Feeling adventurous? Try adding a few of your favorite spices such as dill, or Italian blend seasoning while cooking. I topped mine off with some chopped tomato for a little extra taste and vitamins. If you need to cut down on your cholesterol try using egg beaters. 1 egg is equivalent to 2 oz of the liquid, so you would use 6 oz total egg beaters for this recipe.  Experiment and have fun :-)

I hope you enjoy!!!
Sharon


Ingredients:

3 eggs (or 6 oz of egg beaters)
1/4 cup cottage cheese
butter
salt and pepper, to taste


Directions:

Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
* I used my small Hamilton Beach blender for this step. It is great for small jobs like this, and so much easier to clean afterwards. It sells for about $15, and is a time saver in my kitchen.

In a small frying pan, melt a little butter (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan).

Pour the eggs mixture into the frying pan. Without stirring, gently push the cooked portion to the center, continue until all the eggs are fully cooked (but not dry). I use my spatula for this step as it gets the egg mixture off the sides beautifully.

Serves 2

Calories: 137
Calories from fat: 77
Total fat: 8.6g
Cholesterol: 321mg
Total carbs: 1.3g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 12.7g
WW points: 3

** To maintain a creamy consistency to your cottage cheese, smooth the remaining cottage cheese flat before closing the container.

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...