Friday, May 11, 2012

Homemade Pizza sauce...quick and easy...

Good morning readers. It is such a beautiful day out today and since I have so many of my dinners cooked and already in the freezer for the next few weeks I thought I would make something fun and easy for dinner tonight...Pizza.
The weekend is here and I just want to kick back, take a break and enjoy. I did however want to share with you my all time favorite home made pizza sauce recipe. I just can not get accustomed to the taste of store bought sauces, and I have tried many over the years, so I like to make my own from scratch. This recipe is quick, easy, and you can actually make it while your pizza dough is rising. It is easy to double the recipe too, if you are making more than one pizza at a time. Hope you enjoy!

Pizza Sauce
 
8 oz gluten-free tomato sauce  
½ tsp dried oregano 
½ tsp dried basil 
½ tsp dried rosemary 
½ tsp fennel seeds 
¼ tsp gluten-free garlic powder 
2 tsp sugar or 1 tsp honey (optional) 
½ tsp salt 
 
Combine all ingredients in small sauce pan and bring to boil over medium heat. 
Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Top pizza crust with sauce and your favorite toppings. Makes about  1 cup sauce. 
 
Preparation time: 15 minutes. 
 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...