Monday, April 23, 2012

Weigh in week 6...

Wow it is hard to believe that 6 full weeks have come and gone. Time really does fly!
I have to apologize for not posting for the past week as I have been away visiting family and it was hard to post when you have kids and grand kids all fighting for your attention...
I have to admit that this week was a true test of strength for me on my wheat free living adventure. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I am so glad I had enough smarts to take some bread I had made and frozen ahead of time just for this trip, it was truly a life saver!
Eggs and bacon along with my wheat/gluten free toast in the mornings or oatmeal was almost my daily menu for the week. Lunch most days was hit or miss, mostly miss, as this was about the time I was doing most of my traveling to and from someones house. Dinner was mostly eaten out and lucky for me most restaurants do have knowledge of  wheat/gluten free needs. I have to tip my hat to the Olive Garden who has a gluten free menu for the asking. Although their selection is limited to about 5 dinners each one looked quite tempting and would fit a pasta, fish or meat lovers taste buds. Sorry but no wheat/gluten free deserts here though...
I have to admit that even with my erratic eating schedule although my measurements stayed the same I did shed 2 + pounds.
Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so I will be planning the next two weeks of menus tonight. I have found some great bread crumbs so meatballs and homemade meatloaf made are both definitely on this meal plan!
I hope your wheat free adventure is going smoothly and that you will stop in and share some of your favorite recipes. Until next post....have a wheat free day!

Week 1:                                       Week 6:
Weight     131.8                            128.6
Waist        37 "                              34"
Stomach    40"                               37 1/2"
Hips          38"                               37 1/4"


No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...