Printer Friendly...

To print any of the recipes on this blog go to the words "LINKS to this post" at the bottom of your selected post. A printer friendly button will then appear, click the button and it will print the recipe. Enjoy!!!

Monday, April 24, 2017

Lemon Cupcakes made gluten free...



Another few days have passed and as usual I have been in the kitchen whipping up some delicious treats to share even though I haven't been feeling up to par. I should have known not to rake the pine cones and needles up from the yard before Easter, but being the perfectionist I am I wanted everything to look nice for our family gathering.

Still  I wasn't going to let a little spell of allergies keep me down, so out came the pans, flour, and ingredients, to make some delicious lemon cupcakes. Yum. These were a big hit even though everyone was so full from all the ham and Easter dinner trimmings. They were light, and delicious, and not a one was left.....That's the biggest compliment I could have gotten!

These would also make a nice light dessert for a Spring brunch or any get together. I used the same flour blend that I shared in my last post which is very versatile. The lemon flavor is delicate, not overpowering, and the cakes are moist and fluffy. A little lemon flavoring and just a drop of yellow food coloring in the icing, made them Easter worthy.

I am impressed with the texture and moistness this flour blend lends to the cakes I have baked recently. Its a keeper for sure. So as I write this post I have visions of Apple Pie flying through mind....I have a pie crust recipe my friend shared with me recently that I need to try....

So until next post​, give the cupcakes a try and drop me a comment as to how it worked for you.
As always, Enjoy!
Sharon Lee



                                                                                                                            


Lemon Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:

1 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
156 gr basic gluten free flour blend         (the recipe for basic flour mix was posted in last post)
1 1/2 teas baking powder
1/4 teas salt
1/2 teas xanthan gum
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c minus 2 teaspoons milk
2 teas lemon juice
the grated peel of 1 medium lemon

Preheat oven to 350* Place 14-15 cupcake liners in cupcake baking pans. NOTE *This makes more than 12 cupcakes after filling only 2/3 full.

Beat sugar and eggs until light and fluffy in a large bowl on medium speed with a electric mixer, for 1 minute.

Add the dry ingredients and liquids,  beat about 1 minute more until thoroughly blended.

Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Place in center of oven and bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until center springs back or tooth pick comes out clean, and cupcakes are a light golden brown.

Cool pans on rack about 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from cupcake pans, letting rest on rack until completely cool before icing.

No comments: