Friday, October 19, 2012

One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days where you had a million things to do and didn't know where to start? Today is such a day for me.

 I am in the mist of decorating our second bedroom as I found a beautiful watercolor print at our local Goodwill store and just had to have it! It is loaded with shades of green, grape, fuchs's and yellows in every different shade. I finally narrowed it down to selecting the colors for the walls after much deliberation. Sometimes I just have to follow my first instincts and that is exactly what I did. I can only hope in the end my choices don't come back to bite me in the butt...

The room is pretty small so I needed to choose wisely. I always love to do a focal wall in a darker color so I chose Bahia Green for this wall and Shortbread, which is in the yellow color family, for the other three walls. I picked colors from the print itself and will use the darker colors in the print for smaller accents of color in the room.

The wall mounted headboard is a wood and rusty iron scroll design and so I went for a light airy feel with a touch of Tuscany of sorts. I love the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" and fell in love with the reconstruction of the villa in the movie. I have always been a "hands on" sort of gal and can get my hands dirty with the best of them. I am not a carpenter by any means, but I can use a hammer, paint brush, and even a tile cutter if need be.

Besides working on the room I have been baking, writing on the blog, making plans for a upcoming trip, and tweaking recipes to share. The weather outside is in the mid 50's and tomorrow we are suppose to have rain, not a great day to be outdoors so I will continue to work on my decorating plans.

I am off to the kitchen now as I am perfecting a Ginger Cake recipe to share with you all as the Holidays are fast approaching, and it tis the season for thoughts of sweet treats...Till next post, have a great wheat free day!

Sharon

 
 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...