Printer Friendly...

To print any of the recipes on this blog go to the words "LINKS to this post" at the bottom of your selected post. A printer friendly button will then appear, click the button and it will print the recipe. Enjoy!!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days where you had a million things to do and didn't know where to start? Today is such a day for me.

 I am in the mist of decorating our second bedroom as I found a beautiful watercolor print at our local Goodwill store and just had to have it! It is loaded with shades of green, grape, fuchs's and yellows in every different shade. I finally narrowed it down to selecting the colors for the walls after much deliberation. Sometimes I just have to follow my first instincts and that is exactly what I did. I can only hope in the end my choices don't come back to bite me in the butt...

The room is pretty small so I needed to choose wisely. I always love to do a focal wall in a darker color so I chose Bahia Green for this wall and Shortbread, which is in the yellow color family, for the other three walls. I picked colors from the print itself and will use the darker colors in the print for smaller accents of color in the room.

The wall mounted headboard is a wood and rusty iron scroll design and so I went for a light airy feel with a touch of Tuscany of sorts. I love the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" and fell in love with the reconstruction of the villa in the movie. I have always been a "hands on" sort of gal and can get my hands dirty with the best of them. I am not a carpenter by any means, but I can use a hammer, paint brush, and even a tile cutter if need be.

Besides working on the room I have been baking, writing on the blog, making plans for a upcoming trip, and tweaking recipes to share. The weather outside is in the mid 50's and tomorrow we are suppose to have rain, not a great day to be outdoors so I will continue to work on my decorating plans.

I am off to the kitchen now as I am perfecting a Ginger Cake recipe to share with you all as the Holidays are fast approaching, and it tis the season for thoughts of sweet treats...Till next post, have a great wheat free day!

Sharon

 
 

No comments: