Thursday, September 20, 2012

Product review...Sheffa Foods Mediterrianean Salad Sprinkles

Hi all. First I must apologize to Sheffa Foods for taking so long to review this fantastic product, and to myself, as it a phenomenal product, and it is I who really was missing out!!! I received this product a while back and it seemed to have gotten pushed to the back of my cupboard and forgotten until today when it resurfaced as I was cleaning my cupboards.

I had some errands to run and on my way home decided to grab a side salad to go with my left over pasta from yesterday and also to try this product for review. All I have to say is... Oh My Goodness ...this salad topping was absolutely delicious. Now I have had almonds, and even walnuts or sunflower seeds on my salads in the past, but the blend of this mix leaves me at a loss for words, which is almost impossible to do! :) It added that extra little kick to my salad, and I felt good knowing I was getting added nutrients along with my fresh greens. I really enjoyed the crunch and flavor it added.

It is a whole natural mix which is Vegan, wheat free, gluten free, contains no MSG's, no Trans fats and no cholesterol. Nuts are loaded with nutrients, contain protein and fiber so they are a good food choice to add to your diet.

The Mediterranean Salad sprinkles contain:
Sunflower seeds, soybeans, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, sesame seeds, spices and sea salt. Each nut and seed had its own unique flavor that lends to the mix.

The larger bags come in 7oz sizes and sell for $4.49 each on their . The company now offers a pre-measured 1 oz traveling size that sells for just $.99 that you can carry with you making for a quick healthy snack on its own, or for your own salad toppings.

Sheffa Foods also offers Snack mixes in four flavors, and four varieties of  Savory bars.  Although all Sheffa's products are gluten free they are produced in a facility that handles peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds, corn, soybeans and oats, so if you have these allergies beware.

You can sprinkle these on your salads. Top your steamed or sauteed veggies, rice or other grains and pasta's with them. Sprinkle on baked or mashed potatoes, add to plain yogurt, or eat straight from the bag as a healthy snack. This is a definite must have for nut and seed lovers alike!

The company offers free shipping on orders of $65.00 or more in the US. There is also only a standard flat rate of $7.00 per order under that amount. Visa, MasterCard and pay pal are accepted forms of payment for orders from their site.

Rating 5 Stars

You can purchase the Mediterranean Salad Sprinkles and other products from their site at Sheffa Foods

 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...