Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Pure Pantry... pancake review...

This morning I woke up to rather ominous looking skies here in Ohio and felt like I needed something to help lift the "gloom" that seemed to surround me. Something warm and comforting such as.....Pancakes...

I had recently received some pancake mix from thepurepantry and immediately whipped up some batter, then sat down to a breakfast of pancakes lathered in maple syrup, sliced banana and OJ. Great way to start the day.

This is a organic buckwheat flax pancake and baking mix, and although there is the word wheat in the name, there is virtually no wheat in this product! Buckwheat does not contain wheat!!!!Actually this mix is not only free of gluten, but also contains NO dairy, soy, nuts or eggs, making it also great for Vegans. All of thepurepantry's products are batch tested for absence of gluten to insure that they are certified gluten free, it is a product that is made in  USA and is also organic.

The pancakes were light, fluffy, and quite delicious. Although the texture is not as fluffy as basic pancakes made with white flour, the taste was great. I felt as if I was eating a whole grain pancake without all the guilt or ingredients I no longer want in my diet.

 Now I am not the best pancake maker in the world by any means, but I must say that I didn't do too bad of a job and ended up with quite uniform shaped cakes this morning. All in all I felt pretty good about my accomplishment, and pleasantly pleased with the taste.

Ingredients:

Organic buckwheat flour, organic brown rice flour, organic flax meal, organic white rice flour, aluminum free baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, xanthan gum.

Rating: 5 Stars

You can view their other products such as their Old fashioned pancake and baking mix, Chocolate chip cookie mix, Organic sugar cookie mix, Wholegrain oatmeal cookie mix, Wholegrain dark chocolate cake mix, Organic all purpose baking mix and numerous recipes at thepurepantry

Also if you live near Carlsbad California you can sign up for Elizabeth's cooking classes, or order her book from the site if you don't live near by.

I hope you enjoy, and as always....Have a great wheat free day!!!!

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...