Monday, August 13, 2012

Gluten Free Pantry's chocolate truffle brownies...

Step aside Duncan Heinz...(sorry) but I do believe you have met your equal when it comes to brownies! As you may know from past posts, I have always been a great Duncan Heinz fan, that was before my wheat/gluten free days that is...I had always found that out of all the brownie mixes on the store shelves that I always seemed to return to my fave....Duncan Heinz.

Being wheat/gluten free for many months now I have tried several different brands of brownies, some I have written about, some not. I have to begin by saying that Gluten free Pantry did not ask me to sample and review their product, and this review is being done on my own. I am posting about their Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix because I just had to share.

First let me say that if you are looking to cut calories, read no more, but if it is a awesome deep rich chocolate, creamy, melt in your mouth to die for brownie that you crave, then read on....WOW! Just when I thought I had already found a brownie mix worthy of stocking my pantry shelves.....

I found this company by accident while searching the web, and since I am still learning and trying new things in this new lifestyle of living wheat/gluten free, I ordered several boxes of their brownie mix to save on shipping costs later, should I like them. I am so glad that I did!

These brownies are EXCELLENT in taste and texture.The box makes 12 servings at 150 calories each and are so rich and chocolaty that one serving is all you need. I haven't had a brownie this good so far since my Duncan Heinz days...

Although I have found many products which I love and have actually replaced the wheat laden versions I use to eat, some are just substitutes until can find something better along the way. This is the case here. I am so glad I ordered two boxes, just wish I had ordered more!

Eggs, melted butter, and nuts (if you desire) are all that's needed  to make this mix. Prefer a lower fat version?  The box even has directions for you.

Ingredients:
Sugar, chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla extract) cocoa powder processed with alkali, white rice flour, potato starch, corn starch, xanthan gum, salt.
*Contains Soy

This mix is a product of Canada, distributed by Glutino which offers a full line of more than 80 products, many of which I am sure you may be familiar with.

You can order this brownie mix from Allergy Free Kosher, click on  Cakes & Pastry Mixes,  then go to bottom of  Page 2 and order for just $4.95.

I know you will enjoy them as much as I did. Oh by the way....you might want to order more than just one!!!

Rating 5 Stars
Have a blessed wheat free day!

2 comments:

SWMBO said...

I just bought this from glutenfreely.com and can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

Made a batch of these brownies today. Love them! And I have to admit I ban them from my teenage sons, otherwise I wouldn't get any at all!

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...