Thursday, June 28, 2012

Double Chocolate Crunch Granola product review

Enjoy Life FoodsThis morning I woke knowing I was going to have quite a busy day ahead of me. It is my Stepson's birthday this weekend and we are going for a visit so I had a million things to do. Run errands, pack suitcases, fill the car up with gas, well you know the rest...
I decided on a quick breakfast of granola and decided to give the Double Chocolate Crunch from Enjoy Life a try. It is a Nut & Gluten free Granola, and we all know I love chocolate, so why not for breakfast too!
A 1/2 cup serving has 200 calories, and I added milk which gives it a few more calories, but I do like my granolas with a little added milk to them. It is now almost 3:00 in the afternoon and I must admit I just now had my lunch, so the granola left me full for quite some time.
It has a sweet chocolaty taste and stayed quite firm in the milk while eating. I could taste the tiny semi sweet chocolate chips in each bite, and the rice flakes were sweet and crunchy.
I can imagine this would make a great topping for vanilla ice cream or sprinkled into some plain yogurt to add flavor, or alone as a snack. The ideas are limitless!
All Enjoy Life's products are free of wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shell fish. They are also casein, potato, sesame and sulfite free.
The granola comes in a resealable stay fresh package. There are seven servings per container and it sells for $5.99 on their site.
Enjoy life also offers cookies, chewy bars, seed and fruit mixes, chocolate for baking, chocolate bars, plentils and cereals. On their site you will also find lots of tips and recipes for their products. They even have printable coupons !!!


Ingredients:
Brown Rice Flakes, Chocolate Chips (Evaporated Cane Juice, Natural Chocolate Liquor (Non-Alcoholic), Non-Dairy Cocoa Butter), Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Syrup, Rice Bran, Rice Crisps (Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Salt), Natural Process Cocoa Powder, Inulin (Chicory Root Fiber), Ground Flaxseed, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Honey, Vanilla, Expeller-Pressed Vegetable Oil (Safflower Oil and/or Sunflower Oil), Salt, Rosemary Extract

I really enjoyed this granola and am anxious to try their other flavors as well. I am off to print some coupons, so till next post...Have a great wheat free day! To view their products or to order go to their site at http://www.enjoylifefoods.com

Rating: 5 Stars



No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...