Printer Friendly...

To print any of the recipes on this blog go to the words "LINKS to this post" at the bottom of your selected post. A printer friendly button will then appear, click the button and it will print the recipe. Enjoy!!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Product review...Pamela's Almond Anise Biscotti...

This was one of my lazy mornings and instead of making my eggs and toast, which was my initial intention, I decided to take the easy route. Cold cereal wasn't a option as we were expecting rain again and I needed something warm!
I had some Almond Anise Biscotti  in the cupboard, thanks to Pamela's, and since I hadn't had the opportunity to try them yet, now was the perfect time. The box comes with six individually wrapped cookies which is perfect, as I won't have to eat the whole box before they go stale. Great idea. I can even throw one in my purse for traveling as a quick snack.
They are only 120 calories, with only 5g of sugar each.  I found the taste quite similar to other biscotti's I have eaten in the past which were loaded with wheat, even though Pamela's are wheat/gluten free. They were crunchy but not to sweet. I found toasted almonds in almost every bite. I also found they held up well even when dunked in my hot tea.
This is the first product I have tried in Pamela's line and I was quite pleased. Although they did not have the exact crispness in comparison to  the "wheat laden" varieties, I found  the taste and flavor to be just as good.
Rating: 4 3/4 STARS

Ingredients/Almond Anise Biscotti:

Brown Rice Base (Brown rice flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Sweet Rice Flour, Xanthan gum); Molasses & Honey; BUTTER; EGG WHITES; ALMONDS; White Rice Flour, Gluten- Free Natural Flavors; Grainless and Aluminum Free Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Potato Starch); Sea Salt; Baking Soda; Xanthan Gum.

No comments: