Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Product review...Pamela's Almond Anise Biscotti...

This was one of my lazy mornings and instead of making my eggs and toast, which was my initial intention, I decided to take the easy route. Cold cereal wasn't a option as we were expecting rain again and I needed something warm!
I had some Almond Anise Biscotti  in the cupboard, thanks to Pamela's, and since I hadn't had the opportunity to try them yet, now was the perfect time. The box comes with six individually wrapped cookies which is perfect, as I won't have to eat the whole box before they go stale. Great idea. I can even throw one in my purse for traveling as a quick snack.
They are only 120 calories, with only 5g of sugar each.  I found the taste quite similar to other biscotti's I have eaten in the past which were loaded with wheat, even though Pamela's are wheat/gluten free. They were crunchy but not to sweet. I found toasted almonds in almost every bite. I also found they held up well even when dunked in my hot tea.
This is the first product I have tried in Pamela's line and I was quite pleased. Although they did not have the exact crispness in comparison to  the "wheat laden" varieties, I found  the taste and flavor to be just as good.
Rating: 4 3/4 STARS

Ingredients/Almond Anise Biscotti:

Brown Rice Base (Brown rice flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Sweet Rice Flour, Xanthan gum); Molasses & Honey; BUTTER; EGG WHITES; ALMONDS; White Rice Flour, Gluten- Free Natural Flavors; Grainless and Aluminum Free Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Potato Starch); Sea Salt; Baking Soda; Xanthan Gum.

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...