Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bella Gluten Free Multigrain sandwich bread mix...

Today I made a loaf of fresh multi grain bread in my bread maker compliments of Bella Gluten Free. The nice thing about this bread mix from Bella is that it gives you the option of hand mixing and baking it in the oven or using a bread machine. Since I recently bought a bread machine I opted to use these directions.

The directions were quite easy. After placing all the ingredients in the pan according to the directions on the bag I set the cycle to gluten free and walked away. Two hours and ten minutes later I had my fresh loaf of multi grain yeast bread cooling on the rack.

This bread was moist and had a great hearty multi grain taste. It toasts evenly and holds up to the "sandwich test". I love the fact that it is 100% Allergen Free. No wheat, No gluten, No soy, No nuts, Peanut free, Egg free, Lactose/Casein free, No Modified starches and No GMO's. ( You can use eggs in the mix or egg substitute)

All the ingredients are also 100% natural and organic:
Tapioca flour, Brown rice flour, Sorghum flour, Potato starch, Flax seed meal, Sesame seeds, Sea salt, Sunflower seeds, Organic evaporated cane juice, Xanthan gum, and Yeast packet.

The mix comes in a 13.8 oz thick sturdy zip bag to help protect and keep fresh. Since Mary Capone  the creator of Bella Gluten Free has Celiac children of her own she knows what it takes to create delicious desirable products.

The only disappointment I found was that it made a fairly smaller loaf than most mixes I have used, ( It was so tasty I wanted more) but for all other purposes I was more that satisfied and this mix will definitely become a staple in my kitchen.

Rating: 5 Stars
To purchase this and other products from Bella Gluten Free you can visit their website at: http://www.bellaglutenfree.com/

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...